Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion, control and embedded systems, DFX, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified.
Boston Engineering seeks innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
As a result of our growth, we seek a highly skilled and self-motivated software engineer to help drive technical and program vision in Innovative Digital Technology (IDT). As part of our team, you will work with new emerging technologies, such as Augmented Reality, IoT, Machine Learning, and AI, on internal and customer projects. You will participate in and propose new R&D topics that pertain to the current and future business of the IDT department. By mastering new skills, you will be able to mentor fellow engineers and advance professionally.
- Propose, plan, and execute new research and development projects in the innovative digital technology department’s purview.
- Collaborate with leadership on project proposals from a technical perspective.
- Successfully contribute to and execute customer projects.
- Continually apply and influence software development best practices, including establishing architecture, coding best practices, designing modularity and testability, developing tools, etc.
- Provide mentorship and support to fellow team members.
- Experience working in an agile development process and has demonstrated the ability to plan short-term development (e.g., Sprint Planning)
- Proficient with working in one or many innovative digital technologies (e.g., AR, IoT, ML, AI)
- Proficient in object-oriented programming (e.g., Java, C#, etc.)
- Proficient in software architecture, development, documentation, and testing
- Fluency with tracking tools (e.g., JIRA), repositories (e.g., Bitbucket)
- Experienced in identifying areas of beneficial research on current and future projects
- Experienced in providing time accurate estimations for assigned development work
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or related experience. Masters preferred.
- Seven plus years of experience in software and/or application development
- Five plus years working with object-oriented programming languages
- Three or more years (5+ preferred) working with emerging innovative technologies (e.g., AR, IoT, ML, AI)
- Three plus years of experience working in an engineering services environment preferred
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Please make sure you have a link to your GitHub or website on your application to share with our hiring managers.
- Please make sure you upload a writing sample. All applications will not be considered complete without one.
During COVID, we offer a remote or hybrid work environment that encourages our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities. Headquartered in Waltham, Boston Engineering was founded in 1995.
We offer a full employee benefit plan, including a matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong customer relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.