Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Boston Engineering, founded in 1995, is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
Since 2006 Boston Engineering supplies, supports, and maintains the world’s leading product development and product lifecycle maintenance tools from PTC, including Creo (Pro/E), Windchill, and Boston Engineering’s companion remote monitoring application, Watchtower. Boston Engineering, founded on delivering high-end product design engineering consulting, has become a natural extension of our customer’s product development team. Partnering with customers exposes Boston Engineering to the full breadth of product development tools, infrastructure, and business process challenges. Boston Engineering combines the best of physical product design with digital product design to bring smart connected products to market.
We are looking for an IT Systems Administrator to support our growing Digital Transformation group. This role is critical for the successful deployment, maintenance, and maturation of both customer and internal systems.
We understand the breadth of the challenges faced in this role and know it takes a special person to fill the position. Are you that person? Or know someone who might be?
If so, you are joining a growing team with proven success. In 2018 Boston Engineering became a PTC Platinum Solution Partner for the Internet of Things (IoT) ThingWorx, Vuforia Augmented Reality (AR), and Windchill PLM Solutions. Product design organizations partner with Boston Engineering to deploy and run their critical product design infrastructure. Solution deployment is on-premise or in the cloud with long term support provided by internal IT or Boston Engineering under Application Managed Services contracts.
- Deploy and manage IT systems on a wide range of platforms
- Standardize deployment plans for PTC solutions new releases
- Customer interface to ensure system operation success
- Lead Managed Services Operations Team
- Passionate about IT systems administration
- Ability to automate tasks with maintainable solutions
- Knowledge of IT systems required in the Product Development process
- Problem solving for customer success
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining IT systems with a focus on systems administration
- Ability to leverage monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Nagios, OpsGenie, and JMX
- Understanding of backend platforms such as AWS, Azure, VMware, DVM, and Docker
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
When submitting your application, please answer the two questions below.
- Why is IT infrastructure critical to the success of smart connected products?
- What are your goals for the next six and twelve months?
**Your application will not be considered complete without answers to the two questions above and a writing sample.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefits package, including a matching 401(k) plan in an open and energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.