Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Boston Engineering, founded in 1995, is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
In addition to engineering consulting, Boston Engineering supplies, supports, and maintains the world’s leading product development and product lifecycle maintenance tools from PTC, including Creo (Pro/E), Windchill, and Boston Engineering’s companion remote monitoring application, Watchtower.
We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) to manage Digital Transformation projects by applying technical fluency to business challenges. This position will manage project scope, schedule, budget, and support technical execution.
- Development of requirements and specifications
- Setup of development and testing infrastructure
- Execution of technical work
- Phase gate system development and deployment process
- Deployment of new systems into production
- Risk management
- Establishing project plans and tracking scope, schedules, budgets, and deliverables for IT system development and deployment projects
- Managing multi-discipline project teams
- Ability to align business needs to IT technical features
- Knowledge of IT systems required in the Product Development process
- Ability to successfully manage several project teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present at project reviews, including identifying project risks and developing risk mitigation strategies and approaches
- Understand & practice job role in our quality management system as trained
- Minimum of a BS degree in an engineering field (Mechanical or Software Engineering Preferred) plus 1+ years in a project management role
- Proficient with Project Management tools: Wiki, Issue Tracking, and Scheduling
- System-level engineering skills with a working knowledge of the product development process
- Fluency in the development and review of requirements, specifications and design documents
- Demonstrated experience in developing and deploying new IT systems
- Previous experience in IT services for Engineering strongly desired
- Preference is given to local candidates.
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
Your application will not be considered complete without a writing sample.
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefits package, including a matching 401(k) plan in an open and energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.