Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion control, embedded systems, Dfx, and digital transformation are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified.
Boston Engineering seeks innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
As a result of our growth, we seek to add to our team an IT Support Engineer to help us manage our internal help desk in a Windows/Linux environment. This position will provide support to end-users on various issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems. Respond to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support by documenting, tracking, and monitoring the issue to ensure a timely resolution.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in computer systems and will help manage the Windows/Linux infrastructure of Boston Engineering.
- Maintain hardware and software on workstations
- Purchase hardware/software to support the infrastructure
- Build new workstations
- Simplify workstation management
- Train users on best practices and security related issues
- Troubleshoot/manage assigned network resources
- Maintain and create IT-related documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong time management skills
- Well versed in the open-source landscape
- Experience with Windows and Linux systems
- Proficiency in software development
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining IT systems
- Ability to obtain secret clearance desired
- No relocation
Prior exposure to the following is a plus:
- OS: Windows 10, CentOS/Red Hat, Ubuntu, Mac, Android, and IOS
- Licensing: Microsoft, FlexLM, SolidWorks, Altium
- Programming: Batch, PowerShell, Bash, Python, Java, and Perl
- Infrastructure Applications: Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, Apache, SVN, and DHCP
- Engineering Applications: Creo (Pro/E), Solidworks, OrCAD, and MathCAD
- Security Applications: Sophos Endpoint, Sophos UTM, PFSense, IPTables, FirewallD
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Headquartered in Waltham, Boston Engineering was founded in 1995. We offer a hybrid work environment that encourages our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities. We offer a complete employee benefit plan, including a matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong customer relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.