Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion control and embedded systems, DFX, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified. Seeking innovative, passionate self-starters who are looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
Boston Engineering applies the brightest minds to make a difference, to positively impact people, and to provide a career-satisfying environment for our fellow teammates. Boston Engineering is looking for an Innovation Engineer/Analyst to assist the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with establishing new innovation and capturing new business by applying technical competence, an innovative mindset, and a desire to achieve great outcomes. The Innovation Engineer/Analyst will apply her/his passion for transforming potential to reality for clients and Boston Engineering’s own product and system solutions. The role requires applied entrepreneurial behavior and an ability to drive initiatives forward with guided autonomy. Activities include active contribution in pursuing Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) opportunities, working with some of the nations Manufacturing Innovation Institutes (MIIs), and providing drive and energy needed to generate compelling grant and contract engineering proposals. Boston Engineering is a research and development-focused consultancy looking for an organized and articulate individual to assist the CTO with reaching the organization’s goals.
- Assist with opportunity evaluation for client-owned or Boston Engineering-owned technology generation, product development, and systems engineering.
- Assist in writing proposal responses and/or technical reports supporting active programs and potential business opportunities (RFPs, Sources Sought Responses, SBIRs, etc.).
- Perform light copyediting and review of language as needed; or coordinate with tech editors
- Work collaboratively with internal resources (subject matter experts, project managers) to identify action items and assign responsibilities.
- Support projects and/or tasks by reviewing progress. Escalate as needed by organizing project status meetings with pertinent stakeholders.
- Take meeting notes and develop action items to follow up.
- Manage the status of action items, providing updates and revising timelines as needed. Provide periodic status updates to CTO and stakeholders.
- Schedule meetings and provide frequent communication with team members to ensure timely task completion.
- Attend business meetings, connect with potential partners, and participate in industry events related to robotics and DS (data, AR, VR, ML, AI).
- Help coordinate business activity between MIIs, NIST, and DoD on behalf of Boston Engineering or in collaboration with our strategic partners and clients.
- Assist in developing graphics, videos, pictures, and other visual media to communicate processes and ideas.
- Support projects/tasks by reviewing progress. Escalate as needed by organizing project status meetings with stakeholders, taking meeting notes, and developing action items for follow-up. Communicate action items internally, set a timeline for completion, and monitor progress. Provide periodic status updates to CTO and stakeholders.
- Review applications and contractual documents to identify outstanding deliverables, including tasks and plan development for completion.
- Assist with developing and documenting organizational processes supporting company initiatives.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must be competent in generating written content based on internal discussions and guidance with an end product easily readable with good grammar and punctuation. They must have the demonstrated capability for oral and written communication to all levels internally and externally.
Candidate must possess organizational skills, including sequence processing, support follow-up tasking, and completion. The candidate should be comfortable speaking in front of others and iteratively preparing presentation materials. The candidate should also have the ability to gain internal support and to operate independently.
The ability to use Microsoft Office Suite products is a must.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Self-starter who can connect technical concepts to business priorities
- Ability to conceptualize and develop graphics, storyboards, videos, and charts
- General knowledge of the federal research and development space
- An interest in working in robotics and DS fields such as internet of things (IoT), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and artificial intelligence (AI)
- Bachelor degree in an engineering/manufacturing-related field or a business degree with technical acumen
- Three or more years experience required (this can include internship experience)
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment.
**Your application will not be considered complete without a writing sample attached to it.**
We offer a hybrid work environment that encourages our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities. We offer an open, energetic working environment that fosters an entrepreneurial team spirit. Founded in 1995, we are located in Waltham, MA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.