Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion, control and embedded systems, DFX, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified.
Boston Engineering seeks innovative, passionate self-starters looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Manager to manage and grow our electrical engineering development team. As a player/coach, you will lead the electrical engineering team across the diverse multi-disciplined customer projects conducted in the medical, industrial and commercial, and defense and security market segments. With a hands-on approach, you will have the ability to lead, mentor engineers, master and apply new skills, and improve best practices in electrical engineering developments. You will also participate in select projects in a systems engineering capacity and other projects in a review/consult capacity.
What will you do here?
The Electrical Engineering Manager will:
- Lead the team by example, and establish clear goals and objectives for the electrical team
- Advocate, promote, and reinforce electrical engineering process, methodology, and best practices
- Manage recruitment, hiring, and training of electrical engineers and interns
- Manage identification and selection of contract staff (contractors, consultants, and outside engineering service companies) as needed to augment the Boston Engineering team
- Provide mentorship and support to the electrical team members for personnel development and in support of engineers’ project work
- Provide hands-on participation for project development, design reviews, test plans, debug, and act as a senior consultant across projects as required.
- Provide hands-on participation on select projects with the role of lead or systems engineer.
- Lead/Own one of Boston Engineering’s Centers of Excellence, responsible for the growth of capabilities and team participation
- Promote use of, and assist in improvements with Boston Engineering processes and its Quality Management System (QMS)
- Support sales activities including meeting with customers, developing project scopes of work and labor estimates
- Establish training requirements
How will you succeed?
You will need to have demonstrated capabilities and experiences in the following:
- Personnel management, including hiring, reviews, mentorship, and career path development of team
- Experience performing multi-discipline, systems-level engineering development
- Expertise in motor and motion control is strongly desired
- Demonstrated expertise in several of the following: analysis and simulation, embedded systems developments, sensing, energy storage, control, and power distribution, DFX, and development tools
- Demonstrated capabilities as lead or systems engineer
- Excellent integration and debug skills
- Demonstrated abilities for complete product development across all phases from requirements and specifications, concept development/feasibility, and detailed design to build, and test
- Proven ability in a challenging technical and customer-focused environment
- Excellent management and organization skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of a BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Masters preferred
- Ten years of experience in electrical development of embedded systems, robotics, and/or complex electromechanical products
- Three to Five years in personnel management, including hiring, mentoring, personnel development, and selection and management of outside contractors, consultants
- Working knowledge of software and at least a basic understanding of mechanical systems
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Visio with excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in new product development programs, bringing new products and new technologies successfully to market
- Experience operating under ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 strongly desired
- Previous experience in an engineering consulting environment strongly desired
- No relocation
This role is restricted to US citizens. Boston Engineering will require proof of status prior to employment. Secret Clearance or the ability to achieve Secret Clearance is required.
- Please make sure you upload a writing sample. All applications will not be considered complete without one.
Our current work environment is hybrid as to encourage our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities. Headquartered in Waltham, Boston Engineering was founded in 1995.
We offer a full employee benefit plan, including a matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong customer relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.