Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering provides product design and engineering consulting across the entire product development process. To improve how people work and live, Boston Engineering applies expertise from its precision engineering, advanced R&D, and global PLM infrastructure offerings. Certified for ISO 9001 and ISO 13485, the firm serves consumer products, defense & security, medical devices, robotics, and industrial markets. Founded in 1995, Boston Engineering is headquartered in Waltham, Mass.
We are looking for a customer-focused Electrical Engineer to start in June of 2022 that excels in a fast-paced product and project development environment. The ideal candidate will have the desire to “jump right in”, excellent team interface and communication skills, embedded software design experience, hands-on test and debug experience. These can all have been during a previous co-op or internship. We need results-oriented, customer-focused individuals who will bring a high level of success meeting challenging project goals.
- Ability to develop solutions from the specification phase through the final delivery and acceptance testing is required
- Ability to succeed in a challenging technical and customer-focused environment
- Ability to approach designs from a system perspective
- Understanding of electro-mechanical systems
- Strong system level debugging skills
- Ability to operate test and measurement equipment including DVMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
- Ability to research and to quickly learn new technologies and design techniques
- Understand & practice the job role within our quality management system as trained
- 0-3 years of experience in fast-paced product development
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience in the engineering services business is a plus
- Perform design analyses and breadboard tests to establish the validity of designs
- Use and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Experience with schematic capture and layout tools, experience with Altium Designer or OrCAD a plus
- Solid understanding of fundamentals with the ability to conduct circuit design and analysis
- Working knowledge of software, familiarity with C/C++, python, ROS, and IoT platforms are a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient in MS Office
- US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
- Driven to excel with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Preference is given to local candidates
Boston Engineering offers a full employee benefit plan including matching 401K plan in an open, energetic working environment that fosters strong client relationships and an entrepreneurial team spirit.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.