Website Boston Engineering
Boston Engineering improves the way people work and live through innovative product design and novel engineering. We are product designers and engineers for the Medical, Industrial, Commercial, and Defense sectors. Experts in robotics, motion control and embedded systems, DFX, and digital transformation, we are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified. Seeking innovative, passionate self-starters who are looking to work in an environment where curiosity and drive are encouraged and rewarded.
We are looking for an Advanced Software Engineer with Robotics experience willing to “jump right in.” Our projects range in complexity and involve multi-engineering disciplines across many market segments, but primarily within the defense market. To be successful at Boston Engineering, you must want to drive innovation.
- Develop solutions from the requirements through the final delivery and acceptance testing
- Succeed with challenging technical requirements in a customer-focused environment
- Approach designs from a system perspective
- Working understanding of digital circuits
- Reading schematics and performing system-level debugging skills
- Research and quickly learn new technologies
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals and theory
- Experience with C/C++ and Python is a plus
- Experience with ROS2 and developing ROS2 modules is a plus
- Comfortable working and configuring a Linux environment
- Experience with embedded processors from one or more of ST, TI, or Microchip.
- Understanding of one or more communications protocols: CAN, I2C, SPI, Ethernet, USB
- Experience with one or more RTOSs – Zephyr, FreeRTOS, QNX, embOS
- Experience in motion control – Brushless motor control, PID tuning
- Experience interacting with networked services (restful etc.)
- Experience using Git for version control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Two to six years of experience in fast-paced engineering environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred; Other Engineering degrees acceptable pending meeting job/experience requirements
- US Citizen due to government contractual obligations
- Local candidates preferred
This role is restricted to US persons (i.e., US citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export
**Your application will not be considered complete without a writing sample attached to it.**
**Please link to your GitHub or website on your application to share with our hiring managers**
We offer a hybrid work environment that encourages our team to cross-train, pursue inspiring and innovative engineering, and experience a broad depth and breadth of opportunities. We offer an open, energetic working environment that fosters an entrepreneurial team spirit. Founded in 1995, we are located in Waltham, MA.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.