Extraordinary Advances & Ongoing Challenges in Musculoskeletal (MSK) Care
February 8 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm ESTFree
[To be added after the Forum]
Combining AI, 3D Printing, Wearables, and Telemedicine for Personalized
Joint Disorder Treatments for Better, More Cost Effective Outcomes
- Alessandra Toninelli of Rejoint on pre-op planning through AI, 3D printed personalized implants, computer aided surgery combined with 3D printed personalized instruments, sensorized wearables, and dedicated apps to connect patients and surgeons;
- Peter T. Bianco of OsteoApp.ai on a proprietary, FDA cleared, cloud-based screening method to prevent debilitating bone fractures for early detection of osteoporosis using rapid automated analysis of standard X-rays that yield immediate, real time clinical results;
- Rabeeh Majidi of OrthoKinetic Track on an AI-driven wearable device that tracks joint kinematics and muscle activity with remote data-sharing capacity for joint impairment monitoring. Machine trained system will track the patient compliance and improvement during rehabilitation and delivers telemedicine, at-home physical therapy and virtual MSK care to improve range of motion and optimize pain control.
- .Jeff Bush of QMed Innovations will describe how QMed Innovations uses an autonomous cellular-IoT asset management device to collect temperature and location data and streamline orthopedic supply chains by leveraging machine learning and predictive analytics.
Alessandra Toninelli, PhD
IT & Digital R&D Director, Rejoint
Dr. Toninelli works on the design and development of digital solutions, with a particular focus on data, at Rejoint, an innovative company focused on the exploitation of digital technologies in orthopedics to implement a patient-specific yet sustainable solution for knee replacement. She has a solid research background in information representation and reasoning, with more than 20 publications. She holds a PhD in Computer Engineering from the University of Bologna.
Peter T. Bianco, MBA
President and Founder, OsteoApp.ai, Inc
Mr. Bianco’s company, OsteoApp.ai, Inc., is an emerging AI driven healthcare company focused on bone strength and fracture risk assessments using digital radiology images. He is a serial entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience in R&D, operations, and sales and marketing with multiple orthopedic and digital health companies. His primary focus areas are orthopedic joint reconstruction and MSK digital healthcare applications. He has led or supported several early-stage medical technology start-ups and commercialized implantable medical device products.
Rabeeh Majidi, PhD
Founder and CEO, Orthokinetic Track
Dr. Majidi’s company, Orthokinetic Track, is a medical device company focused on Musculoskeletal Digital Technologies. Her 10+ years of research and professional work experience include a specialty in sensor & circuit design and managing multi-disciplinary projects in academia and industry. She was the lead design engineer for developing and qualifying application specific sensors in collaboration with inter-disciplinary teams from international semiconductor companies. Her Ph.D. is in Electrical & Computer Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute. She is Vice Chair, IEEE EMBS, Boston Chapter.
VP of Sales, QMed Innovations
Mr. Bush currently serves as VP of Sales for QMed Innovations, a market-leading medical logistics company focused on delivering game-changing global asset management solutions for orthopedic manufacturers, distributors, and providers. He has a degree in International Business Management from Rhode Island College and more than 18 years of sales, sales operations, and sales management experience in various arenas including orthopedic surgery, ophthalmologic surgery, biotechnology, and electronic health records.
Benjamin Schwartz, MD, MBA
Orthopedic Surgeon, Spire Orthopedic Partners - MODERATOR
Dr. Schwartz is a practicing joint replacement surgeon and member with a strong presence in healthcare technology and innovation. On a national level, Dr. Schwartz holds several MSK leadership positions including as an Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Arthroplasty, Vice Chairman of the AAHKS Practice Management Committee, and Member of the AAOS Hip and Knee Content Committee. With a keen interest in health tech, Dr. Schwartz mentors for various digital health incubators/accelerators and advises multiple early-stage startups.
Farzin Khaghani, MBA, MS
CCO, QMed Innovations - FORUM ORGANIZER (CHAMPION)
Mr. Khaghani is responsible for the commercial strategy and success of the QMed. Starting his career in engineering and telecommunications, he then moved into the medical device industry where he has been for over 25 years with the last 20 in orthopedics. He has served as VP of Sales, VP of Marketing and President at various private and public medical device companies. He currently serves on the board of two med device companies and is a member of the External Advisory Board for the Graduate School of Biomedical Science and Engineering at the University of Maine.
- 5:00 – 5:30pm: Pre-Forum Networking
- 5:30 – 6:30pm: Panel Presentations / Q&A
- 6:30 – 7pm: Meet the Panelists & More Networking
54 people are attending Extraordinary Advances & Ongoing Challenges in Musculoskeletal (MSK) Care