- This event has passed.
Building an Embedded Application with Qt – Hybrid Training
October 25, 2021 @ 9:00 am - October 29, 2021 @ 5:00 pm EDT
October 25 – 29, 2021
This hands-on training is offered both virtually and in-person in our Waltham, Massachusetts headquarters. Whichever way you choose, we will teach you how to build a Qt application for an embedded device. Our lab exercises will use a Raspberry Pi but the concepts could be applied to embedded development on most boards. We will give you a thorough understanding on how to use QML and the Qt API to create an application from an empty screen to a full graphic user interface.
The course runs from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT each day.
If you are attending virtually, recorded sessions will be available on-demand, but since the labs build upon themselves it’s recommended you attend the live sessions as much as possible.
To participate in this course virtually you will need to obtain the required hardware and attend a pre-course meeting with the instructor to ensure you have the hardware set-up correctly. If you are attending in person we will provide the hardware and you will have the option to take it home for an additional fee.
In-person early-bird*: $2,495
*Complete your registration 30 days prior to the start of the class to obtain the early bird rate
- Find out how to create a QML component, module and plugin
- Learn how to connect to and work with a SQL database
- Understand how to configure user settings
- Learn how to create Qt Charts
- Understand application deployment for embedded devices
- Learn the basics of using GPIO
- Basic knowledge of Qt
- QML Programming — Fundamentals and Beyond (You either attended this course, watched it on-demand or are already familiar with the concepts covered.)
- Basic understanding of C++ and object-oriented programming
- Commitment to attend a one hour pre-course meeting with the instructor to ensure correct hardware set-up
If you are attending virtually, we will have multiple meeting slots available the week prior to the course to ensure you have the hardware setup correctly and troubleshoot any issues.
Day 1 — Setting the Stage & Properly Adding Business Logic Outside of UI
Day 2 — Transitioning Through Screens & Creating QML Components, Modules and Plugins
Day 3 — Connecting to a SQL Database & Writing to the Database
Day 4 — Using a GPIO Device & QML Dialogs and Qt Charts
Day 5 — Polishing & Finalizing UI